Giffnock Hockey has a thriving junior section, fielding teams in local competitions.
Junior membership at Giffnock Hockey offers a structured pathway into hockey, with the ability to cater for a wider range of playing abilities and aspirations.
We run summer camps over the summer (look out for details on the “coaching” page). Our junior and youth programmes include:
- Multiple weekly coaching sessions during the hockey season (August – April)
- Performance coaching for talented players
- A range of teams to suit age and ability
- Holiday camps
- Outreach programmes involving local schools and other stakeholders
There is no specific minimum age for playing senior hockey at local level, meaning that junior players are free to begin playing for a senior team at such a time as their level of skill is sufficiently developed, and the player, their coaches and their parent/guardian feel it is appropriate. Many of our older junior members play for our women’s or men’s teams at the same time as being involved in junior teams.
If you are interested in learning to play hockey, get in touch!
Contact Daljeet Dagon at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club at heart of the community
- Free coaching included*
- Family Friendly
- Competitive & Social Sports
- Join a strong & successful team
- Great social events
* for members during school terms as shown on our programme posters, along with additional pay-to-play squads for mini and junior members
- 6 All-Weather Floodlit Courts
- 3 Mini Tennis Courts
- 2 Indoor Squash Courts
- Licensed Bar with BT Sports
- Viewing Gallery Area
- Function Suite
- Club Shop
- Free Wifi
- On-site Parking