Overview of Club Sports options and facilities
Our membership comprises both those with serious team-playing abilities as well as the less ambitious who play simply for fun or simply to keep fit.
- 6 all-weather floodlit courts
- 3 mini-tennis courts for the 4 to 8 year olds
- 2 heated indoor squash courts
- Professional Coaches and excellent training programmes for juniors in all three sports as well as minitennis
- Licensed lounge, overlooking tennis courts, with BT Sports
- Large clubroom with table-tennis, pool table and TV (including BT Sports)
- Lively social scene with regular quiz nights, functions and televised major sporting events
- We have attained the LTAs prestigious Tennis Clubmark accreditation
- New members also benefit from some free introductory coaching in the sport(s) of their choice
- On line court booking system accessible via website or mobile phone
If tennis is your interest and you are an adult, then we can make you welcome on our senior matchplay (Saturday pm) and our social club nights (Thursday and Sunday) which run throughout the year. All you need to do is turn up partners and opposition are provided.
Giffnock offers one of the largest and most advanced junior and mini coaching programmes in Scotland, with sessions tailored to ability and availability.
Similarly there are seasonal Sunday club nights for squash players, as well as a mini-league system, to provide you with opponents of a similar standard, with match times arranged to suit you. Also regular Saturday afternoon tournaments are organised.
Our active hockey section runs a 5 senior teams (2 ladies and 3 gents) competing in District leagues, as well as an active junior section. Home matches are played at Eastwood High School's new pitch.
Giffnock Tennis Squash & Hockey Club employs a number of professional coaches. Both they, and their assistants, provide training and coaching programmes in all three sports. Certain club coaching sessions are offered free of charge to members. One-to-one coaching for tennis and squash is also offered on a fee paying basis. Please note that a person joining part way through the club year (April-March) is only liable to pay pro-rata for the remainder of that year.