Junior and Youth Hockey at Giffnock
Giffnock Hockey has a thriving junior and youth section and fields teams in local competitions.
Junior membership at Giffnock Hockey offers a more structured pathway into hockey compared to other provision locally and we have the ability to cater for a wider range of playing abilities and aspirations. Membership means accessing hockey at less than half the equivalent cost when compared to local authority schemes.
We are running summer camps over the summer. Please visit out coaching page for details.
Our junior and youth programmes include:
- Multiple weekly coaching sessions during the hockey season (August - April)
- Performance coaching for talented players
- A range of teams to suit age and ability
- Summer Skills Development Centres
- Holiday camps throughout the year
- Outreach programmes involving local schools and other stakeholders
There is no specific minimum age for playing senior hockey at local level, meaning that junior players are free to begin playing for a senior team at such a time as their level of skill is sufficiently developed, and the player, their coaches and their parent/guardian feel it is appropriate. Many of our older junior members play for our women’s or men’s teams at the same time as being involved in junior teams.
If you are interested in learning to play hockey, get in touch! Contact Daljeet Dagon at email@example.com